Smoked trout & dill pâté
Trout is a delicious, delicate oily fish, which lends itself particularly well to being smoked. Combined with crème fraîche and dill, the potent flavour of the fish still comes through beautifully in this pâté. It’s fabulous slathered on spelt toast and garnished with peppery radishes or used as a dip with crudités.
Trout is very rich in omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which benefit heart and circulatory health.
Recipe created by Nourish cook and Dietitian, Clare Gray
Prep time:10 minutes
- Remove the skin from the trout fillets and check that there are no remaining bones.
- Place in a food processor with the mustard, black pepper, ricotta, crème fraîche and lemon juice and process until smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mash with a fork, but the consistency won’t be as smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.
- 400g smoked trout fillet
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 100g ricotta cheese or cream cheese
- 100ml crème fraîche
- juice of 1 lemon
- large handful of dill
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.