Peach ice lolliesThis is a great way to use up overripe or slightly bruised fruit. The lollies are wonderful if you have a sore mouth due to illness or a treatment such as chemotherapy. Just make sure they have warmed up ever so slightly from the freezer, as a super-frozen lolly may hurt if your mouth is sensitive.
Prep time:10 minutes, plus 4 hours' freezing time
- Blanch the peaches in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the pan and peel.
- Halve the peeled peaches, remove the stones and slice thinly.
- Put the slices into a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water; simmer for 5 minutes, or until the peach is soft.
- Reserve 16 slices and put the remaining peach slices into a blender with the lemon juice. Blend until smooth, then stir in the sugar to taste (how much you use will depend on the sweetness of your peaches.
- Pour the mixture into lolly moulds, pop a couple of peach slices into each mould, and freeze.
- 4 large peaches
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, to taste
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.