Honey ice creamA soothing treat with the natural sweetness of honey.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:1-2 hours depending on method used
- First make the custard. Beat together the egg yolks and honey in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until it reaches a temperature that is still comfortable for you to dip a clean finger into.
- Remove from the heat and stir the warm milk into the egg yolk and honey mixture.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat gently, stirring all the time, until the custard thickens. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Once cool, stir in the cream and the vanilla essence. Transfer the mixture to an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250ml whipping cream, unwhipped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.