Carrot, apple & beetroot soup with cumin yoghurt
With a hint of sweetness and spice, this warming soup is a real treat. It's also suitable if you need to follow a low-residue diet.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
- Dice the carrots, beetroot and apple.
- Place them in a pan and cover with the stock.
- Season with salt and black pepper, bring to boil and simmer for around 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth and add more seasoning if necessary
- Mix the yoghurt with a little cumin and lemon juice, to taste.
- Serve the soup into bowls, add a spoon of the cumin yoghurt on top and enjoy.
- 100g apple, peeled, cored and seeds removed
- 300g carrots, peeled
- 350g cooked beetroot, peeled
- 650ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g Greek yoghurt or vegetarian/vegan alternative
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Cumin and lemon juice, to taste
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.