Poached nectarines in apple juice
You can use peaches for this recipe, too. Keep the poached fruit in the fridge, ready to serve for breakfast or as a deliciously fresh-tasting dessert.
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:20-30 minutes
- Remove the stalks from the nectarines and place them in a stainless-steel saucepan.
- Add the apple juice and star anise (there should just be enough liquid to cover the fruit). Slowly bring the liquid to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes. You mustn’t allow the nectarines to boil, as the fierce heat will damage the flesh and cause the apple syrup to brown.
- Remove from the heat and leave the nectarines to cool in their syrup.
- When the nectarines are completely cool, remove them using a slotted spoon. Cover with the apple syrup and chill for at least 8 hours before serving, either on their own or with natural yoghurt, custard, sorbet or ice cream
- 8 ripe nectarines
- 1 litre unsweetened apple juice
- 3 star anise
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.