Pistou soupThis fresh, flavoursome soup is based on a traditional Provencal recipe and is packed with sunny Mediterranean flavours. Soup is wonderful when you can't face a heavy meal, and because this bowlful is brimming with green vegetables and herbs, it will provide essential vitamins and fibre to boost your gut health. You can use store bought or Nourish pesto.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:20 minutes
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, leeks and thyme, and gently cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- To finish the soup, add the pesto, peas, broad beans and sun-dried tomatoes. Heat through for a minute or two.
- Serve the soup in bowls and top with a poached egg, if desired.
For the soup
100g onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
200g carrots, diced
200g celery, diced
200g leeks, diced
1 sprig of thyme
2 litres vegetable stock
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
poached eggs, to serve (optional)
For the garnish
100g pesto, shop bought or Nourish pesto
100g shelled broad beans
50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.