Tomato & basil soupFresh-tasting and fragranced with basil, this soup is delicious warm or chilled. It is suitable for a low-residue diet.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:35 minutes
- Sauté the tomato flesh and thyme in the olive oil.
- Add the tomato purée and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potato and basil to the pan and cover with stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the thyme.
- Season the soup, blend until smooth and serve.
- 300g tomatoes, peeled and deseeded
- Sprig of thyme
- 50ml olive oil
- 200g tomato purée
- 100g carrots, peeled and diced
- 100g potato, peeled and diced
- 100g basil
- 650ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.