Roasted butternut squash & Parmesan soup
This wonderfully simple, flavoursome soup is just the thing to keep the cold at bay. A small amount provides goodness if you have a tiny appetite.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Put the squash on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, top with sprigs of thyme and roast for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, soften the onions and garlic in the butter.
- Add the stock and roasted squash.
- Cook until soft, then blend until smooth.
- Stir in the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Finish with a swirl of double cream, if extra calories are needed.
- 1.25kg butternut squash
- Sprigs of thyme, for roasting
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 200g onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75g butter
- 1.25l chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 100ml double cream (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.