Frozen raspberry & blackberry yoghurtFrozen yoghurts and sorbets are a refreshing way to encourage your taste buds in the warm weather or for moments when you need a refreshing little mouth hit. Raspberries and blackberries are rich in calcium and a good source of protein as well as vitamin C.
Prep time:about 10 minutes
Cooking time:1-2 hours
Using an ice cream maker
- Whiz the berries with the apple concentrate in a blender to make a purée, then pour into the ice cream maker, with the yogurt, cream and vanilla extract.
- Churn until frozen, then transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze until needed.
To make by hand
- Mix the yogurt with the cream and vanilla extract.
- Put in a freezer-proof container and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whiz the berries with the apple concentrate in a blender to make a purée.
- Take the yogurt mixture out of the freezer and stir well with a fork to break up the forming ice crystals.
- Mix in the fruit purée.
- Freeze for another 1–2 hours until it starts to form crystals around the edges.
- Stir with a fork, freeze for 2 hours and stir once more, then leave to freeze until needed.
- 100g raspberries
- 50g blackberries
- 1 tablespoon apple concentrate
- 400ml Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.