Fish pieThis is so delicious, everyone will probably ask for seconds. The soft fish and mash is wonderful if you have a sore mouth or chewing difficulties.
Prep time:about 20 minutes
Cooking time:about 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4.
- Start to cook the potato cubes in a pan of boiling water.
- After 8 minutes add the broccoli and cook for 3–4 minutes, making sure you don’t overcook it (it should stay bright green).
- When the potatoes and broccoli are done, drain, add a small knob of butter or a splash of olive oil and mash together.
- In a large pan heat the other knob of butter or oil and add the leeks, garlic and mustard powder.
- When they have softened, add the fish, prawns and spinach and cook on a medium heat for 3–4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the crème fraîche, mustard powder and seasoning.
- Stir through, then remove from the heat and divide between four small pie dishes.
- Top each pie with the mash and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
For a dairy-free dish, substitute crème fraîche with a tomato batch sauce.
- 2 floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 100g broccoli
- 2 small knobs of butter or splashes of olive oil
- small handful of finely shredded leek
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed
- 400g mixed white fish fillets, skinned and cut into small pieces
- 100g small cooked prawns
- small handful of spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.