Curried squash, aubergine & banana soupThis mild curried soup is delicious, with a little kick of lime for the final touch. It's a great option if you are following a low-residue diet; simply don't top with the seeds or herbs.
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:35 minutes
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the curry powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add all the vegetables and banana, and cover with the stock.
- Bring to boil, season and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Check the seasoning, add a squeeze of lime and serve.
You could put some toasted pumpkin seeds and flat-leaf parsley on the table, so that anyone not following a low-residue diet can add them to the soup.
- 50g butter
- 25g mild curry powder
- 300g butternut squash, peeled and deseeded
- 300g aubergine, diced
- 200g banana
- 700ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Toasted pumpkin seeds and flat-leaf parsley, optional
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.