Carrot, beetroot, red lentil and quinoa soupThis vegan recipe is full of nourishing protein, antioxidants and fibre. And it tastes delicious, with just a hint of warming spice!
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:25 minutes
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the carrot, beetroot, cumin and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red lentils, quinoa, stock and coconut milk, and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender or food processor.
- Check the seasoning and enjoy.
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 beetroots, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
50g ginger, peeled and sliced
100g red lentils
1 litre vegetable stock
300ml coconut milk
Salt and pepper
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.