Beetroot & sweet potato soup
For a bright, pink, fun soup there are not many to beat this! Beetroots are great sources of fibre and beta carotene, and are traditionally thought to be beneficial for the liver.
Cooking the beetroot and other vegetables not only brings out the wonderful flavours, but it also helps to reduce the risk of food poisoning if your immune system is challenged.
Prep time:about 20 minutes
Cooking time:about 40 minutes
- Splash a little of each oil in a medium-sized pan and heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic and celery and fry gently.
- After 5 minutes or so, when they are soft, add the beetroots, sweet potatoes and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- When all the veg are very soft, remove the pan from the heat and leave the soup to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then, using a blender/processor or stick blender, blitz until creamy and smooth.
Serve with bread and ground seed butter.
- olive oil pumpkin seed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 raw beetroots, peeled and chopped
- 2 orange-flesh sweet potatoes, approx 375g, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock (organic vegetable bouillon)
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.