Eggy bread with stewed fruitsHere’s a healthy take on French toast. Vary the fruits by season for maximum taste. This recipe uses summer fruits.
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
- In a large, shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Quickly rinse the fruit. Reserve a handful and place the rest in a small saucepan, using the water that clings to the fruit for cooking liquid. Leave on a very low heat until the raspberries begin to share their colour. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the oil and butter to a frying pan over the medium heat. While waiting for the butter to melt, dip the bread into the egg, making sure each side has soaked some up.
- Fry the bread for a couple of minutes on each side until golden, then serve with the stewed and reserved fruits, and yoghurt.
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- small handful blueberries
- small handful raspberries
- 1 tablespoon oil
- small knob of butter
- 4 slices bread
- natural yoghurt, to serve
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.