Watercress & chickpea soupSara Liyanage, author of Ticking Off Breast Cancer, shares the soup recipe that helped her through chemotherapy. Read her story here
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:5 minutes
- Fry the onion in the olive oil until lightly golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook slowly.
- Add the chickpeas, watercress, spinach and stock.
- Cook for about five minutes.
- Blitz the soup in a food blender.
- Serve, or divide into portions and freeze until needed.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
A couple of garlic cloves, crushed
A small piece of ginger, about the size of the tip of your little finger, sliced
200g can tinned chickpeas
600ml vegetable stock (either homemade or from a packet)
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.