Sweet potato frittataEasy to make, rich in protein and a perfect thing to have in the fridge for a spontaneous hungry nibble or an easy, ‘I’m too tired to cook’ moment.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:45 minutes
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and, if it is non-stick, line the base with greaseproof paper.
- Boil the sweet potatoes in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes until soft, then drain and roughly mash with a fork.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat the butter and oil.
- Add the garlic, onion and peppers.
- When the onions are soft, add the mashed sweet potatoes and rocket.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, then add the potato mixture and pour into the cake tin. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then take it out and gently but firmly pat down the mixture to help make it solid.
- Put it back in the oven for another 15 minutes. It may well rise in the centre from time to time, but don’t worry – it will sink down when it cools.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
It’s delicious hot or cold and is a great addition to lunchboxes!
- 2 sweet potatoes (approx. 375g) peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 litre vegetable stock (organic vegetable bouillon)
- knob of butter
- splash of hemp oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- large handful of washed rocket, chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons organic whole milk (can substitute with dairy-free options)
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.