Steamed lemon & buckwheat puddingsThese light, fluffy puddings are so easy to make, and the buckwheat flour adds a subtle earthy flavour.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:5-10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Butter and flour 4 Dariole (small pudding) moulds.
- Make the syrup by combining the water and sugar in a saucepan. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring to make sure the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
- Sift together the buckwheat flour, self-raising flour and baking powder, and set aside.
- In a freestanding mixer or using an electric whisk, cream together the softened butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice.
- Fold in the sifted flours, being careful not to overmix but making sure the flour is fully incorporated.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of syrup into each then pour the pudding mixture on top. Reserve the remaining syrup.
- Cover each mould tightly with foil and place in a roasting tin. Pour in enough boiling water to come up to 2/3 of the side of the moulds.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the puddings comes out clean. Drizzle any remaining syrup over the puddings before serving.
These are delicious served with our candied citrus peel or custard.
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 200ml water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 75g buckwheat flour, sifted
- 75g self-raising flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 2 unwaxed lemons
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.