Spicy fish casseroleDon’t be shy of using spices. If your taste buds are affected by medication, leaving an odd taste in your mouth, the stronger flavours can help make food appealing again. And they’re great for firing up a flagging appetite.
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, paprika and cumin into a large saucepan and add 1 litre water and half the lemon juice. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the herbs and spinach to the pan, stir and cook for one minute.
- Put the potato mixture into a casserole dish, add the fish fillets, then top with the lemon slices and chilli.
- Season with pepper and add the remaining lemon juice.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and toasted.
- 400g new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 lemon
- 500g white fish fillets, skinned
- 25g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 fresh mint sprigs, leaves chopped
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2.5cm piece of fresh green or red chilli, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.