Roasted cherry tomato, rocket & mozzarella pizzaYou can adapt the topping by adding tomato sauce, sardines, salami, prosciutto, smoked salmon, lean ham or roast chicken. Alternatively, add steamed asparagus spears, canned artichoke hearts or sliced mushrooms.
Prep time:15 minutes, plus 1 hour 30 minutes proving time
Cooking time:20 minutes
- To make the base, put the flour, salt and yeast into a large bowl, mix well then pour in the water. Mix to make a sticky dough.
- Flour the work surface generously then turn out the dough and knead lightly for five minutes or until it no longer sticks to the surface. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky but it should be a little more moist than a loaf dough.
- Put the dough into a lightly floured bowl and cover with a tea towel or clingfilm. Put in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the pizza, roll out the dough and divide into four pieces. Roll each piece into a circle and put on to greased baking sheets. Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Gently push down the centre of the pizza base to leave a 2.5cm rim around the edge.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, olives and mozzarella. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp and golden.
- Serve scattered with rocket and a few shavings of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
You can adapt the topping by adding tomato sauce, canned fish such as sardines, or slices of salami, prosciutto, smoked salmon, lean ham or roast chicken. Alternatively, add steamed asparagus spears, canned artichoke hearts or sliced mushrooms.
For the dough
- 450g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast-acting yeast
- 400ml lukewarm water
For the topping
- Olive oil for greasing and drizzling
- 16 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 slices of roasted pepper from a jar, cut into pieces
- 6 green or black pitted olives
- 125g small mozzarella balls or torn mozzarella
- a few rocket leaves
- Parmesan cheese shavings
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.