Frozen yoghurts and sorbets are a refreshing way to encourage your taste buds in the warm weather or for moments when you need a refreshing little mouth hit. Not only refreshing but with the addition of the yoghurt and cream, they provide some useful protein and calcium.
Preparation time: about 15 minutes
Freezing Time: about 4 hours
400ml organic natural yoghurt
4 tablespoons double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons apple concentrate
- Mix the yoghurt with the cream, vanilla essence and half the apple concentrate.
- Place in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whiz the raspberries in a blender to make a purée and add the remaining apple concentrate.
- Remove the yoghurt from the freezer and stir well (this breaks down the ice crystals and will make the frozen yoghurt smoother and lighter).
- Return it to the freezer for another 30 minutes, then take it out again and stir well.
- Add the raspberry purée and stir it through to give a rippled effect.
- Back it goes into the freezer for 3 hours to chill.
Plastic or metal food-storage containers are great for making frozen desserts in. Even better but not necessary is an ice-cream maker.
Before you serve the yoghurt, allow it to soften at room temperature for a few minutes.