New potato saladPerfect made with the first Jersey Royal potatoes but waxy Charlottes or Pink Fir Apple are also great and hold their shape better than floury varieties.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the potatoes and boil for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain the potatoes and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise. Put 2 egg yolks in a bowl, or the small bowl attachment of a food processor. Add the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and a generous amount of black pepper. Whisk the ingredients briefly, then slowly trickle in 300ml olive oil, whisking or whizzing in the food processor until the mayonnaise is smooth and thick. Scrape the mayonnaise into a bowl and season with a little sea salt to taste.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into thick slices and transfer to a bowl. Add 4 the spring onions and 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Stir the ingredients together and serve with a sprinkling of snipped fresh chives.
- 750g waxy new potatoes
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- handful of chives
For the mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grain or Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.