This zesty spread tastes amazing with ginger cake, but you could also try it with scones instead of jam.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes, plus 24 hours chilling time
- Zest three of the lemons and squeeze the juice from all five. Put the lemon zest and juice, sugar and eggs in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Cook slowly until the mixture becomes thick and shiny.
- Slowly whisk in the butter.
- Place in a bowl, cover and cool in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- 5 lemons
- 195g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 125g butter, cold and diced
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.