Homemade spicy meatballsThese spicy meatballs are delicious baked and served with soured cream and a sprinkling of fresh parsley and mint. Or stir them into our recipe for Pasta with Tomato Sauce.
Prep time:15 minutes
Cooking time:10-12 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Sweat the onion and leek in the oil until soft, but don’t let them colour.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl, stir in the onion and leek, and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into small balls, roll in a little plain flour, drizzle with olive oil and bake 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Top with dollops of soured cream and a sprinkle of torn fresh parsley and mint, and serve with a green salad or vegetables. Or for hearty appetites, stir into pasta with tomato sauce.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g lean minced beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- A pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 dessertspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 75g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 75g cooked wild rice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Soured cream, fresh parsley and mint, to serve
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.