Green juice & smoothie
Juices and smoothies can be a wonderful way to incorporate additional vegetables and fruit into your diet, especially if you have a limited appetite or struggle to digest fibrous foods.
This recipe is packed with green vegetables and herbs. It’s easy to make and refreshing – excellent with breakfast or to help rehydrate you. If you don’t have a juicer, a blender will also work well; just strain through a sieve before drinking.
Recipe created by Nourish cook and Dietitian, Clare Gray
Prep time:10 minutes
- Place the kale, celery, cucumber, spinach, parsley, mint and ginger through a juicer or into a blender and blend until smooth. If using a blender add a few tablespoons of water.
- Juice the lemon and add .
- If using a blender pour through a strainer.
- Serve over ice or chilled.
This juice will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve chilled or over ice.
This smoothie will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1 day.
For the green juice
- large handful of kale
- 1 stick of celery
- ½ a cucumber
- handful of spinach
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- handful of mint
- 1 inch of ginger
- juice of 1 lemon
For the green smoothie
- Green juice (as above)
- 1 banana
- ½ avocado
- handful of ice
- large tablespoon of almond or peanut butter, optional
pinch of chilli powder, optional
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.