Frozen yoghurts and sorbets are a refreshing way to encourage your taste buds in the warm weather or for moments when you need a refreshing little mouth hit. Raspberries and blackberries are rich in calcium and a good source of protein as well as vitamin C.
Preparation time: about 10 minutes
Freezing time time: 1-2 hours depending on method used
100g (3½ oz) raspberries
50g (2oz) blackberries
1 tbsp apple concentrate
400ml (14fl oz) Greek yogurt
3 tbsp double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
MethodUsing an ice cream maker:
- Whiz the berries with the apple concentrate in a blender to make a purée, then pour into the ice cream maker, with the yogurt, cream and vanilla extract.
- Churn until frozen, then transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze until needed.
- Mix the yogurt with the cream and vanilla extract.
- Put in a freezer-proof container and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, whiz the berries with the apple concentrate in a blender to make a purée.
- Take the yogurt mixture out of the freezer and stir well with a fork to break up the forming ice crystals.
- Mix in the fruit purée.
- Freeze for another 1–2 hours until it starts to form crystals around the edges.
- Stir with a fork, freeze for 2 hours and stir once more, then leave to freeze until needed.
Before serving, take the yogurt out of the freezer and allow it to soften a little.