Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 450g roasted chicken
- 200g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 175g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and ground black pepper
- brioche or soft wholemeal bun, to serve
Put the chicken, chickpeas, onion and garlic in a food processor or mincer and mince to combine. Alternatively, chop finely and mash together with a fork, or put the ingredients in a clean plastic bag, tied the end, then put on a hard surface and hit with a rolling pin until mashed together.
Put the mixture in a bowl, add the sage, 50g of the breadcrumbs and enough of the egg to bind the mince without it becoming too sloppy. Season to taste.
Spread the remaining breadcrumbs on a large baking sheet and, taking a handful of mixture at a time, form a ball, then roll in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Grill until the coating turns golden brown. Serve immediately in a bun or with salad.
Try replacing the chickpeas with broad beans or canned beans such as haricot, butter or borlotti.
The burgers can also be made with other roasted meats, such as ham, pork or beef.