Butternut squash, chestnut & Parmesan risottoChestnuts give a Christmas flavour to this rich risotto.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:25-30 minutes
- Place butternut squash and chestnuts into a pan with half the butter or olive oil and sauté until soft. Purée in a food processor and set aside.
- In the remaining butter or olive oil, sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the risotto rice, stir and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the white wine and heat gently until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add the stock a ladleful at a time; waiting until it has been absorbed by the rice before adding the next amount.
- When the rice is soft and most of the stock has been absorbed, add the puréed squash and chestnuts and stir through.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes, season to taste and add the Parmesan before serving.
- 300g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 50g chestnuts, chopped
- 50g butter or 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 350ml vegetable or chicken stock, warmed
- 50g Parmesan
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.