Baked Amaretti peachesAlmonds and peaches are one of life’s utterly great combinations. If you don't have any amaretti biscuits, simply chop or grate blanched almonds over the peaches before serving.
Prep time:5 minutes
Cooking time:15-20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan. In a mixing bowl, mix together the crushed amaretti biscuits, melted butter, honey and vin santo.
- Lay the peaches flat side upwards on a baking sheet and put a heaped teaspoon of the biscuit mixture on to each of the peach halves. Sprinkle with a little demerara sugar and drizzle with a little more honey and vin santo. Scatter over the star anise.
- Put into the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until they turn golden, then serve warm or cold.
- 50g butter
- 12 amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 1 tablespoon runny honey, plus extra for drizzling
- A good dash of vin santo, or similar sweet dessert wine, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 peaches, halved and stones removed
- Demerara sugar, to sprinkle
- 4 star anise
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.