Mildly sweet and warming, this is a delicious soup on its own or to start a meal. If you prefer not to eat dairy products, substitute the butter with coconut oil and the crème fraiche with coconut cream.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 100g onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g parsnip, peeled and diced
- 200g apples, peeled and diced
- 50g curry powder
- 700ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 50g crème fraîche
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter or olive oil until translucent.
Add the parsnip, apple and curry powder and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Add the stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
Blend the soup then stir in the cream fraîche.
Season to taste and serve.