One of my Nourish Champions, Amanda, has kindly shared this easy and nutritious carrot and coconut soup suitable for just one or the whole family.
This soup is not only delicious but with the coconut milk it creates a boost rich in calories which means even just a little bowl can Nourish you a great deal.
4 largish carrots
1 garlic clove crushed or chopped
a spoonful of coconut oil or a dash of olive oil
200ml coconut milk
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp of turmeric
pinch of salt
small piece of fresh ginger (optional)
300ml of vegetable stock (use enough to make your preferred consistency)
fresh chopped coriander to serve (optional)
- Chop the carrots and onions in a chunky style
- Place in a roasting dish so they form a single layer and mix through the crushed or chopped garlic and oil
- Roast in the oven at 200°C for 30- 40 minutes until the carrots are soft with some browned edges
- Allow to cool slightly
- Blend the roasted vegetables with the remaining ingredients to make a smooth or textured soup, as you prefer
- Warm gently on a low heat until heated through
"My health problems resulted in food being slowly eradicated from my diet. I found myself frightened of eating and would only have bottles of medical drinks that were nutritionally complete but left something missing. Jane showed me that by carefully managing my diet, my body could enjoy fresh food again. She has, in a very real and tangible way, improved my life and made mealtimes with my family possible again."