Amanda’s Carrot & Coconut Soup
Nourish Champion Amanda shared this easy and nutritious carrot and coconut soup, suitable for just one or the whole family.
It's a delicious recipe, and the coconut milk creates a calorie boost which means even a small bowl can nourish you a great deal.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time:35-45 minutes
- Chop the carrots and onions in a chunky style.
- Place in a roasting dish so they form a single layer and mix through the crushed or chopped garlic and oil
- Roast in the oven at 200°C for 30- 40 minutes until the carrots are soft with some browned edges
- Allow to cool slightly
- Blend the roasted vegetables with the remaining ingredients to make a smooth or textured soup, as you prefer
- Warm gently on a low heat until heated through
I sometimes have this with slivers of poached chicken and I also share this with the family. They like it with a teaspoon of harissa or curry powder and they have it with rice or some naan bread.
- 4 largish carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or a dash of olive oil
- 200ml coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of salt
- small piece of fresh ginger (optional)
- 300ml vegetable stock (use enough to make your preferred consistency)
- fresh chopped coriander, to serve (optional)
Liked this recipe and others? Or simply have a question? Let us know over on our forum.
If you have any questions regarding our recipes you can find us and our community over on the forum. Get involved in lots of recipe and health discussions.